Pros and Cons of Portable Air Conditioner
Have you ever wondered why most people increasingly prefer portable air conditioners to the conventional ones nowadays? It all boils down to the pros and cons of portable air conditioners. It is however good to point out that portable air conditioners use the very same principles that the conventional air conditioners use, only that they have extra advantages that make them irresistible. The Everstar portable air conditioner, for instance, has become a household name in many homes. It is being used in RVs, apartments, offices and virtually everywhere to regulate temperatures.
Advantages of Portable Air Conditioners
If you want to know the reasons why the centralized air conditioners are fast losing their popularity to their portable counterparts, look no further. Here are the reasons why.
- Low Costs – With unbelievably low costs for the same level of utility, you don’t need to wonder anymore why these portable ACs are popularly used by many people. With the skyrocketing costs of living, anything that comes with low costs is a sure attraction.
- No Required Installation – Unlike the centralized ACs, the portable ones require no technical installation. In fact, some live true to their name and come complete with wheels to enable you move them around easily. No ducting is required too.
- High Efficiency – Since these portable air conditioners are single units, they are very energy efficient due to their utter simplicity. It even gets better because this efficiency does not compromise quality.
- Much Convenience – This is especially true for portable air conditioners that have wheels. You can have them wherever you need them.
- No Space Constrains – The portable ACs are compact and take up least possible space. So, you don’t have to worry about too much space being taken up by these handy gadgets.
- Alternative Sources of Power – Even when there are power outages, you can still maintain your room’s temperature at comfortable levels due to the existence of battery-powered portable ACs.
Cons of Portable Air Conditioner
While the portable air conditioners have numerous benefits over the centralized air conditioners, they are not absolutely perfect. Some disadvantages of the portable ACs include:
- Noisy – It is no secret that these gadgets are noisy. A portable air conditioner produces a little more noise than the centralized one, but at bearable levels.
- Higher Maintenance Cost – Unlike the centralized systems where you can even try to undertake repairs on your own should there be a problem, you are highly advised against trying to repair the portable AC on your own. It is complex, and any attempt may cause further damage.
- Sophistication – When shopping for the portable AC, remember the rule of the thumb. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Go for a device that you can easily operate; one without too many unnecessary options. Not only is such a device within your budget, but it also allows you to have easy control.
Conclusion on Pros and Cons of Portable Air Conditioner
Having looked at both pros and cons of portable air conditioner, you will also need to determine what BTU you need relative to your room size. The BTU is the cooling capacity, and the higher the BTU the better it is for a large room. In conclusion, there are more advantages of using portable air conditioners. So, give yourself a treat and enjoy the coolness and other benefits brought about by portable ACs.